Friday, September 17, 2010

Fix It Friday: A Truck and His Man

Another Friday Fix! This is a photo given to me by I Heart Faces for todays fix. I chose to call this photo A Truck and His Man because as much as this photo is all about the man it's really all about the truck. I tried doing some work on the truck by sharpening some things and fixing some (ahem) rust (Sorry about that unknown man. Did that hurt?). I'm not sure how that really worked out because I'm barely an amateur but my intent was to make the truck look as good and strong as I could. In other words I tried thinking like my husband. 

I really got into the contrast because I love rich colors and I think it made the photo a bit more manly. I sharpened the rims on the truck and various parts as well as the mans face and did various clean ups. I hope you like it. This seemed easy at the start, but then I kept working on and working on it. I think I'm uncomfortable with this angle of shot and I didn't know how to work it. What do you think?

Before:

After:



For other Fix it's please check out I Heart Faces.








9 comments:

  1. Nice fix!! I really like what you did with it. But I do agree, the shot itself is a bit uncomfortable! I have no idea what I would do to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your edit looks great! The intense colors work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! The edit looks nice. I agree it was a difficult angle - I wanted to crop to get him in more detail but didn't want to lose any of the truck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. It seemed easy at the beginning but I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I'm uncomfortable leaving the sky blank too. And cropping wasn't working for me either. I'm glad you guys like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you edit, the colors just pop perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! It took a little effort on my part using GIMP as I am not an editor. I enjoy it and I am even happier editing as my understanding of the program grows. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...